We’re committed to ensuring that you have the best possible experience at an American Health Imaging center. To that end, we want to share some information about the procedures we perform and what to expect. As always, should you have any specific questions that are not addressed here, please feel free to contact your local American Health Imaging center by phone to speak with our professional staff.
- Contact information
- Imaging equipment at that facility
- Radiologists and staff
- Transportation services
- MRI Imaging – Magnetic resonance imaging uses magnetic fields to capture images of tissue structures. It enables physicians to view issues not exposed by other tests, often saving patients from undergoing invasive diagnostic procedures and surgeries.
- MRI with contrast agent – Your doctor may order a contrast agent to augment the exam. In this case, the injection of a contrast agent is administered by a board-certified radiologist.
- CT Scans – Computed Tomography (CT), also known as CAT scan, uses x-rays to produce computer-generated images of body tissues. The minimal amount of radiation used for the test is absorbed and measured by a detector, and that data is converted into digital images.
- CT scan with Contrast – If your physician requires a contrast agent for the exam, our registered technologist will administer an injection of the contrast agent. Our board-certified radiologist is always available in every facility.
- Ultrasound – Sound waves are reflected off targeted body tissues. The ultrasound machine receives these reflections (echoes) and translates them into images of the scanned areas.
- FibroScan – Sound waves are passed through the liver to determine stiffness and consequently, liver health.
Call us at 855-MRI-CHOICE for more information about MRI Imaging. Or, contact the center near you to schedule an appointment. See the Forms page to complete forms at your convenience. We look forward to helping you through the MRI Imaging process!
To fill out a brief survey of an AHI center, find the location nearest to you, and
click on the small physican survey card icon next to the city.
Medicare and Medicaid are accepted as are most all commercial insurance plans. Our staff will pre-certify your insurance to ensure coverage for services. Simply supply us with your insurance card and appropriate information.